The Junction Optometrists ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
We observe strict physical distancing and disinfection protocols as recommended by the College of Optometrists of Ontario (May 2020)
- Appointments are spaced further apart so as to minimize the number of patients in the office at any given time.
- Entrance to the office is by appointment only, and only at your designated time.
- Accommodation cannot be made for late arrivals.
- You will be required to wear a mask before entering the office.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands with the hand-gel provided before proceeding through the office.
- Only one patient at a time can be present in the optical dispensary. An appointment must be made with the optical dispenser to ensure that COVID-19 protocols are maintained.
- Each frame that is removed from the optical display is sanitized before being replaced into stock.
- All patient frames are disinfected before being repaired or adjusted.
- Repairs and adjustments to eyewear will now be by appointment only. A drop-off box has been provided for eyewear repairs. Curbside service will be provided where possible.
- All staff and patients will wear masks at all times.
- Strict hand-washing and surface decontamination protocols will be observed.
- Online Medical and Visual Information forms and video interviews will be used wherever possible to minimize face-to-face conversation.
- Waiting area chairs are set 2m apart. Chairs are sanitized after each use. A card will be placed on each chair as it is sanitized.
- Each patient shall have a designated chair in the waiting area.
- Drivers and others accompanying patients will be asked to remain in their cars. If you are not coming by car you must advise the staff in advance so that arrangements can be made for you to sit in the office should you arrive early and need a place to sit.
- Families with multiple children will only be scheduled at the end of the day.
- Doctors and Staff may use a face shield in addition to a mask when close contact is required for special instrumentation.